Monday 23 May 2011

7 Deadly Zins

Came across a beautiful poem the other day, that talks about the Seven Cardinal Sins (the sins are not mentioned in any particular order in the poem). This poem is written at the back of the Californian Wine bottle '7 Deadly Zins'.
As believers of the THE SECOND SIN, (read Gluttony), I thought it apt to share this extraordinary ode to the 7 Deadly Sins.

 7 DEADLY ZINS

I'm raging with ire, an ocean of fire,
My Wrath is the path to all I desire,
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

I'm inflated with pride, near-bursting inside,
A self-centered repenter, Vanity's bride.
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

I'm mired in mud, inert as a slug,
Sloth is the cloth that's woven my rug.
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

I eat day and night, consuming all in my sight,
A Glutton with nothing but a huge appetite.
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

My will I ignore, my Envy's chore,
Over-zealous and jealous, I want so much more. 
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

I'm ravenous to feast, an insatiable beast,
I concede to the Greed demanding release.
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

I hunger for trust, my craving's a muse,
My sin is the Zin enslaving my Lust.
Oh Lord, forgive me my Zins.

- Kevin Phillips


Kevin Phillips: VP Operations


Kevin Phillips Feature Image
KEVIN PHILLIPS

Kevin Phillips is the 6th generation of the Phillips Family to farm in the Lodi Appellation and has worked for the family since 2002. The oldest and only son of Michael and Kristy Phillips he is the current VP of Operations for Phillips Farms and Michael-David Winery.  His duties consist of overseeing all of the farming operations for Phillips Farms which are comprised of over 750 acres of vineyards. He runs the grower relations side of the business which has over 65 growers from 7 appellations and more than 20 different varietals. He also does all of the logistics and scheduling for each harvest and works hand in hand with the talented winemaking team at Michael-David Winery.


1 comment:

  1. I have been a fan of this particular wine since I first discovered it. I was most tickled when I found the poem on the back label. I've always enjoyed poetry and reading the Bible, I could not believe I could find both in one place, a red wine of all places... almost ironic considering the blood of Jesus... but anyway, the wine is great and the poem was a creative and entertaining addition.

    ReplyDelete